Re: term-mode ncurses

From: Andreas Politz
Subject: Re: term-mode ncurses
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 22:02:56 +0200

Andreas Politz wrote:
nakkaya@gmail.com wrote:
I need to run a couple of ncurses based applications, under term. They
are running fine but instead of seeing ncurses interface i am seeing
borders drawn using characters. I had this behavior  under os x but term
was working fine on my debian now after apt-get that got messed up
too. do i need to set something in order to see colors and borders under
term-mode ?

I had a similar problem, but am not shure if it is the same you are having.
When you start aptitude in term, do you see artifacts like '\226\222' ?

-ap

Yes i am seeing the artifacts, did you find a fix for it?

-- Nurullah Akkaya

I made a bug report to gnu.emacs.bug (#1006) and posted a patch there as well.
See if it works for you.

-ap