Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?

From: Andreas Politz
Subject: Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:09:33 +0200

Jonathan Groll wrote:
On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 11:35:27PM -0700, Xah wrote:
Tim scumbag,

Tim X wrote:
I was trying very hard to avoid getting dragged into yet another thread
which has been pointlessley hijacked by Xah so that he can grind his own
personal axe.

If you want to help the original poster, you can help without having
to insult people. For example, you don't need the first paragraph
above.

If your goal is to incite me to do a piss fight with u, let's begin.

Xah - do we ALL have to read another one of these rude and
intimidating mails? Did Tim really call you a scumbag? Looking back at
the original thread, it does seem that the OP's thread had indeed been
forgotten, so he did have a point, don't you think?

The above mail on the other hand had nothing to do with Emacs, and I
am seriously thinking of quitting this mailing list as a result of
such unpleasant hate-filled emails. I don't want to read this sort of
email and get worked up as a consequence, it is just not worth
it. Yes, you are a good contributor to the list and are generally very
helpful to most posters, but this sort of correspondence we can do
without. There do need to be moderators on this list.

Jonathan.

You have to admit that some people do like to argue with Xah.

OP:How do I do X ?
XAH: Well, actually if emacs weren't so backwards, you could do Y.
SOMEONE: Wait a minute, actually X isn't such a bad thing.

Next time I check the thread has 200 posts, half of them from xah.

-ap