Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?

From: Xah
Subject: Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 05:07:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 25, 3:01 am, "Juanma Barranquero" <lek...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 11:09, Andreas Politz <poli...@fh-trier.de> wrote:
> > OP:How do I do X ?
> > XAH: Well, actually if emacs weren't so backwards, you could do Y.
> > SOMEONE: Wait a minute, actually X isn't such a bad thing.
>
> XAH: You stupid fucking moron!
> SOMEONE: ???

You seems to imply that i started to insult people first. No, i almost
never did that in my over 17 years of using online forums. In fact,
for several years maybe 2002 to 2007, i don't respond to insults. (not
responding to drivels or personal attacks has been taken as a reason
that accuses me of “hit and run”) If i appear rude, or swearing,
that's because they insulted me, defamed me, infringed my right, or
harassed me first.

I have been to a lot arguments in newsgroups, and have written a lot
of these phenomenon. See:

http://xahlee.org/Netiquette_dir/troll.html

In newsgroups, since i started using it maybe in 1993, i've never
posted anonymous, and never have requested my message be not archived.
For everything i wrote about the quarrels in newsgroups, can be
verified thru google's archive (though i've heard their archive is not
perfectly complete).

As i've indicated in another post in this thead... you can for
example, now go do research on how the quarrel or insult started in
this thread. (the url is here:
http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.emacs.help/browse_frm/thread/bf2fae706a7424f0
) You can check, for example, how the discussion about *scratch*
buffer got started. Who started to be rude. What are my responses to
each. If you are serious about this, then you might to spend a few
hours to check the thread, all its rplies, who said what, how the
conversation turned, write down notes and names as you read.

Similarly, for any newsgroup flame involving me in gnu.emacs.help that
has happend several times in the past few monhts, you can spend a few
hours each and do a detailed research. I'm not the most perfect being,
but i claim here that my posts are in general reasonable, without any
insult, detailed. It is other people, who started insulting or
slighting me that got the thread bad. They did that because they
cannot tolerate or understand a different point of view. In my
opinion, these people, collectively i called tech geekers, are
ignorant of social knowledge in a very damaging degree... The other
part of reason is than newsgroups consists of males, and males do
pissing fights among themselves all their lives, in every social
structure or organization, from newsgroups to intra-corp to political
organizations. It's their nature. Wild flames wars in newsgroups is
not just me. It is a common phenomenon, and happens just about every
day, in every of the thousands of newsgroups.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/