Re: buffer-offer-save variable bug?

From: Cor Gest
Subject: Re: buffer-offer-save variable bug?
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:42:30 +0000

Some entity, AKA Nikolaj Schumacher <me@nschum.de>,
wrote this mindboggling stuff:
(selectively-snipped-or-not-p)

>> If you do a 'kill-current-buffer' (C-x k) it will politely inform you with :
>> "buffer has changed , kill it anyway ?   yes or no ?"
>
> I think Xah's point was that it didn't, which I can confirm.  Is
> something missing in the example?

Anyone can screw-up by scribbling unsave code, which trashes data,
can't they. ;-)

He shoud have included to run the hooks the hooks which
check before killing a buffer.
Which is mentioned in the fine manual about 'kill-buffer'.

The scratch-buffer isn't protected like a 'normal' buffer anyway.

A well, the guy merely dislikes the name *scratch* and has a untitled
fetisch so why bother any further.

Cor
--
        Mijn Tools zijn zo modern dat ze allemaal eindigen op 'saurus'
        (defvar My-Computer '((OS . "GNU/Emacs") (IPL . "GNU/Linux")))