Re: Don't you think this would be a nice feature? (Place holder)

From: harven
Subject: Re: Don't you think this would be a nice feature? (Place holder)
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 18:01:50 +0200

Weiwei <shuww1980@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm a Emacs newbie, just jumped into it from Vim. I'm using AUCTeX to
> write LaTeX files. In Vim, it has a very nice feature -- placeholder.
> For example, you have the following skeleton in inserting figures:

My first guess was doing a macro.
F3 C-M-s \[\]\|{} RET C-b F4
Unfortunatly it fails on your first example at some point
for some strange reason. So here is the lisp code to put in your .emacs:

(defun jump-next-bracket-pair ()
"jump inside the next [] or {}"
 (interactive)
 (when (re-search-forward "\\[\\]\\|{}" nil t)
 (backward-char)))

(add-hook 'TeX-mode-hook (lambda ()
   (define-key TeX-mode-map (kbd "<f4>") 'jump-next-bracket-pair))

This binds the command to the F4 key in tex editing modes only.
Cheers.