Strange (to me ) problem with TRAMP

From: Lorenzo Isella
Subject: Strange (to me ) problem with TRAMP
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 11:47:18 +0200

Dear All,
I am experimenting several shells to use within emacs. I am quite
pleased with eshell, right now, but I am rather puzzled at the strange
message I get in a separate buffer if, for instance, I type

cd /
and press TAB.
See below:

ssh: Could not resolve hostname fcp: Name or service not known

Process *tramp/scp fcp* exited abnormally with code 255

Otherwise, I have no trouble. I could not find anything about tramp in
my .emacs file (nor I ever do anything similar to accessing files
remotely).
I paste below my customization of eshell, in case I may have done
something wrong:

;; eshell autocompletion for choosing directories

(defun eshell-get-dir-from-dir-ring (dir-name)
  "Interactively select directory from eshell-last-dir-ring"
  (interactive (list (flet ((iswitchb-make-buflist
                             (default)
                             (setq iswitchb-buflist (ring-elements
eshell-last-dir-ring))))
                       (iswitchb-read-buffer "Change to directory: "))))
  dir-name)

(defun eshell-electric-insert-dir ()
  "Handy when copying and moving files to, or changing to a certain
directory. On the prompt, type a space, a colon (`:') and call this function,
preferably bound to the TAB key."
  (interactive)
  (if (save-excursion
        (goto-char (- (point) 2))
        (if (looking-at " :")
          nil))
      (let ((dir (call-interactively 'eshell-get-dir-from-dir-ring)))
        (delete-char -1)
        (insert (pcomplete-quote-argument dir)))
    (pcomplete)))

(custom-set-variables
 '(eshell-scroll-to-bottom-on-input t)  ; always insert at the bottom
 '(eshell-scroll-to-bottom-on-output t) ; always add output at the bottom
 '(eshell-scroll-show-maximum-output t) ; scroll to show max possible output
 '(eshell-completion-autolist t)        ; show completion list when ambiguous
 '(eshell-input-ignoredups t)           ; no duplicates in command history
 '(eshell-completion-addsuffix t)       ; insert space/slash after
file completion
 )

Does anyone have any idea of what may be causing my (rather small)
inconvenience?
Kind Regards

Lorenzo