Re: Disable bold fonts?

From: Taylor Venable
Subject: Re: Disable bold fonts?
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 07:11:53 -0400

On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 12:21:58PM +0200, Peter Dyballa wrote:
> Am 02.10.2008 um 04:46 schrieb Taylor Venable:
>> Some X fonts (for example, the smaller -misc-fixed ones) look ugly to
>> me in bold
>
> Is it so impossible to use other fonts?

No, but I like using this one because it's fast and gives a lot of
screen space on the relatively small laptop that it's running on.

I take it that it's never come up before to want to turn off bold
fonts?  It doesn't seem such a strange request to me.

--
Taylor Venable              http://real.metasyntax.net:2357/

"(What the world needs (I think) is not (a Lisp (with fewer
parentheses)) but (an English (with more.)))"  [Brian Hayes]