Re: How to stop Doc View converting PDF

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: How to stop Doc View converting PDF
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 20:59:08 +0200

Am 02.10.2008 um 18:35 schrieb Reiner Steib:

By changing lisp/ doc-view.el?

Are you kidding?

No, I mean it! The user interface is poor. I have to be fast enough to stop conversion. And when I succeeded I have no chance to view the PDF file's contents. When I wait until PDF has been converted to PNG and type C-c C-c to switch to the PDF code, I see only open boxes and control characters. Without doc-view.el, in GNU Emacs 22.3, I can clearly see the PDF file's contents ...

The other option is to change GNU Emacs files to not load doc-view-el into the programme ...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

Reisen bildet - vor allem Staus auf Autobahnen. (Michael Schiff)