RE: cannot run a special macro

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: cannot run a special macro
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 12:43:17 -0700

1. Please use plain text, not HTML, for messages to the mailing list.

2. Did you try `M-x load-library kmacro' first?

3. You can report an Emacs bug. The developers will help you determine whether
there is really a bug. Start with `emacs -q' or `emacs -Q', and give a precise
recipe for reproducing the behavior you see. See the Emacs manual, node Bugs for
more info. Without a precise recipe of what you did, it will be difficult for
anyone to help you.

        From: Stefan Thomas Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2008 11:15 AM

        If I press C-h f , my machine doesn't know kmacro-exec-ring-item.
        It knows
        kmacro-call-macro           kmacro-end-and-call-macro
        kmacro-end-call-mouse           kmacro-end-macro
        kmacro-end-or-call-macro       kmacro-keymap
        kmacro-start-macro           kmacro-start-macro-or-insert-counter
        but nothing else.