switch off font lock mode with strings

From: Stephan Ripke
Subject: switch off font lock mode with strings
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 02:38:54 +0200

Hi all,
I really love emacs, but I am not a Pro-User, so can you please help me out of this problem:
I write many shell-scripts. When there are gaps to fill between output of the one and input of the other program I use awk-scripts in between. Since the awk-scripts are enclosed in single quotes, I loose the fontification of these (sub)-scripts, because I write these scripts directly in the parent shell-script and not in another file.
Since an editor like "gedit" is starting his fontification on every single line, I start to use gedit for my scripts. But I don't like it. Is there a possibility to stop emacs from seeing single quotes as a fontification-marker. Or can I ask emacs to begin the fontification on the beginnig of every line, or is ther some other way to solve this problem.
Many thanks, I hope that was not too much text...
Stephan

Dr. med. Stephan Ripke
c/o Chris Weller
160 Chestnut Str