Re: text properties in tex mode

From: Kostas Oikonomou
Subject: Re: text properties in tex mode
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 21:16:39 -0400

Does Edit->Text Properties->Background Color->Other and then
entering yellow (or another color) works ?

I should have clarified this earlier: this works fine (including yellow, or any other color) if the buffer is in fundamental mode, shell mode, emacs-lisp mode, and a bunch of other modes. The only mode in which it doesn't work is TeX/LaTeX mode, and that's what I am having problems with.
Sorry for not making this clear earlier.

Do you have something like (:background yellow)
in your init file ? It should be (:background "yellow")

No.

Consider launching emacs with emacs -q and try again, to see
if the problem has to do with your config file.

emacs -q makes no difference in TeX/LaTeX mode. Problem is still there.

If not, I guess that the problem has to do with your installation.