Re: delete whole word (ssh)

From: Xah
Subject: Re: delete whole word (ssh)
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 19:10:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 6, 7:14 am, Rafal Kurcz <pawlac...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> The backspace didn't work in emacs on ssh session.
> I put the following into my config file to use the backspace to delete
> the character at the left side of a cursor:
>
> (keyboard-translate ?\C-h ?\C-?)
> or
> (global-set-key "\C-h" 'backward-delete-char)
>
> Unfortunately ctrl-backspace does not delete whole words but only one
> character.
> How can I force emacs to delete whole words on ssh session.

(1) are you using emacs in X-Windows, then running ssh within M-x
term?

(2) Or, are you using a terminal app in X-windws, ssh to remote
server, then launching emacs in the remote server?

The answer depends. For (2), it's likely your term app has a
preference setting to that tells it what signal to send for the the
backspace key.

For (1) it's a bit complex... perhaps you can just try this:

 (global-set-key (kbd "C-<backspace>") 'backward-kill-word)

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/