Re: Size of emacs window can't exceed 59 in height

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Size of emacs window can't exceed 59 in height
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 11:57:55 +0200

Am 08.10.2008 um 11:23 schrieb Torben Knudsen:

You don't need an y offset.  I tried the below with the same result

Then you seem to have found some bug! Could be it's in your window manager ...

BTW, I am using

        Emacs*geometry: 97x53+111+11

and I also set initial-frame-alist and default-frame-alist. With Apple's quartz-wm, launched as proxy to be able to connect to the Aqua world, and Blackbox as window manager I can change geometry arbitrarily. For example:

  Corners:  +463+14  -195+14  -195-15  +463-15
  -geometry 124x76+461-7

Maybe you have set an unchangeable/fixed/immutable lock ... or such! Could be xwininfo can give a hint. Or Gconf.

--
Greetings

  Pete

                  Sorry my terrible English, my native language Lisp!