Re: global-set-key with parameter

From: Fred Picher
Subject: Re: global-set-key with parameter
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 06:49:30 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Thu, 10/9/08, Barry Margolin <barmar@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> From: Barry Margolin <barmar@alum.mit.edu>
> Subject: Re: global-set-key with parameter
> To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Hello,

> You need to write a new Elisp function that calls
> window-configuration-to-register with the parameter, and bind
> the key to THAT function.

> (defun window-config-to-register-w ()
>  "Store the window configuration in register 'w'."
>  (interactive)
>  (window-configuration-to-register ?w))

> (global-set-key [f5] 'window-configuration-to-register-w)

  Thanks for the help.  That sounds quite straightforward
although I do not know any lisp.  For this reason I'm a bit lost
when I get the following error message after pressing F5:

Symbol's function definition is void: window-configuration-to-register-w

favourite sites. Download it now at
http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com.