Is there a way to configure Emacs to add newlines and indent after open

From: mark . m . lacey
Subject: Is there a way to configure Emacs to add newlines and indent after open-paren and commas in formal parameter lists?
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 00:18:02 -0700 (PDT)

I'm using Emacs 22.1.1 and I'd like to get auto-newline and indent
behavior such that formal parameter lists look like this without my
having to hit RETURN or TAB at all:

int foo
(
    int a,
    float b,
)
{
    return a+b;
}

Can anyone suggest appropriate changes to .emacs to make this happen?

It's been years since I've used Emacs regularly so I'm not great with
writing Emacs Lisp code.

Any help getting even part way there would be appreciated.

Thanks.