command completion not working when connected to a remote host

From: Mark Kimpel
Subject: command completion not working when connected to a remote host
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 11:00:47 -0400

I often work on a remote host and ssh into it using Gnome x-terminal-emulator. With this approach, command completion works fine. Using GNU Emacs 22.2.1 and M-x shell, if I then ssh into the remote host command completion does not work. How can I address this?

Mark
Mark W. Kimpel MD  ** Neuroinformatics ** Dept. of Psychiatry
Indiana University School of Medicine

15032 Hunter Court, Westfield, IN  46074

(317) 490-5129 Work, & Mobile & VoiceMail
Skype:  mkimpel

"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do." -- B. F. Skinner