Re: How to get consistent emacs background color

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: How to get consistent emacs background color
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 10:25:07 +0200

hi,

   I have the following line in my .emacs:

   (set-background-color "ivory2")
   (set-foreground-color "black")

   initially , the color of emacs is correct. But when I spawn a new
   emacs window (C-x 5 2). the background of that emacs is white. Can you
   please tell me how can I fix that?

Kevin gave you the answer to fix it. Note that C-h f
set-background-color RET would have told you why only the
selected frame had the right color:

set-background-color is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
`frame.el'.

(set-background-color COLOR-NAME)

Set the background color of the selected frame to COLOR-NAME.
When called interactively, prompt for the name of the color to use.
To get the frame's current background color, use `frame-parameters'.

Regards

        Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org