Re: M-x grep gets /dev/null automatically appended to the command

From: Lowell Gilbert
Subject: Re: M-x grep gets /dev/null automatically appended to the command
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 08:16:14 -0400

"Francis Moreau" <francis.moro@gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 2:21 PM, Lowell Gilbert
> <lgusenet@be-well.ilk.org> wrote:
>> "Francis Moreau" <francis.moro@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hello,

>>> Indeed I force it to nil and it magically works. Thanks !
>>>
>>> Other topic: it looks like you're using gnus and newsgroup to post/reply on
>>> this
>>> list. Is it possible to CC me when you're replying ?
>>
>> I normally do that with mailing lists and not with newsgroups.  It's
>> possible either way, of course,
>
> Just of curiosity, how do you do that with newsgroups ? any special key
> bindings
> or do you just add Cc field ?

I do it by hand.  You could automate it, but the trick would be
extracting the e-mail address to use.  Maybe the attribution line
would be the easy way to do it.  Maybe putting it in the followup
command would be better than doing it afterwards -- I don't see any
existing commands to do that, but a wrapper around the followup
command should do it.