Re: So clever it's stupid

From: Phil Carmody
Subject: Re: So clever it's stupid
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:21:29 +0300

Kevin Rodgers <kevin.d.rodgers@gmail.com> writes:
> Phil Carmody wrote:
>> Magic '<', for me, must die. How do I ensure I never ever see that
>> abomination again? (Unbind the key and make it self-insert in a
>> bunch of relevant hooks? Or is there just a variable I can set to
>> off' somehow?)
>
> The former:
>
> (add-hook 'sh-mode-hook (lambda () (local-unset-key "<")))

Many thanks. It looks like all of the shell subtypes share the
same major mode. So once it's hit on the head for sh, it will
be gone in csh, etc., which is good.

Phil
--
The fact that a believer is happier than a sceptic is no more to the
point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one.