Re: Specifying plist requirements in defcustom?

From: jrwats
Subject: Re: Specifying plist requirements in defcustom?
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 09:27:16 -0700 (PDT)

> ~All you have to do is write...~ means that it's not there already. Playing
> with
> widgets is, in my book, extending Customize. And it's not necessarily a
> clear-cut exercise.

I ostensibly agree.  Despite all the searching I did, I could not find
a solid example of creating a new widget.  And they all seemed
graphics related... The default customization prompt that occurs with
something like this:

(defcustom rep-list '(("wcdc" "working.client.deskcomm" "e:" "e:
\wcdeskomm"))
  "test this!"
  :type '(repeat (list
                  (string :tag "name")
                  (string :tag "branch")
                  (string :tag "drive")
                  (string :tag "path"))))

is EXACTLY what I want - I just want a plist with keys: name, branch,
drive, and path rather than a list, so I don't have to write silly
things like:
(defun path (cadddr list))

...I might just give in to silly application code for the sake of user-
friendly client experience.