Re: Specifying plist requirements in defcustom?

From: jrwats
Subject: Re: Specifying plist requirements in defcustom?
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 10:43:11 -0700 (PDT)

> I'm no expert on Customize. The code in wid-edit+.el might help
> (http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/wid-edit%2b.el), or it might not - dunno.
>
> If not, I believe that Lennart has some widget code that might help. And of
> course you can look in the Lisp sources that come with Emacs. And there's the
> widget Info manual, FWIW.
>
> If you do write some useful widget/Customize code, please share it (e.g.
> gnu-emacs-sour...@gnu.org or Emacs Wiki).- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for all the help guys.  I'll definitely look into it, but will
likely cave and use the list type :)
What would be magically cool is if a repeat type could have the
options tag in it (which specifies keys in alists/plists).

(defcustom plist-opts3 nil
  "uh"
  :type '(repeat plist
                 :options '((name string) (branch string) (drive
string) (path string))))

Alas the options tag only works w/ defcustom...