windows crash over

From: moueza
Subject: windows crash over
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 12:02:44 -0700 (PDT)

hi,
I open many 3-4 windows making "split window". But in mini-buffer, if I run
compile>make, it opens a new compilation buffer hidding a former window. But
is there a mean to know which window it'll hide(because some times we would
want it does NOT hide a definite important window), what are the
rules(because seen far away, it seems random)? Or can we CHOOSE which frame
it can hide?