Re: updating /usr/bin/emacs

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: updating /usr/bin/emacs
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 11:05:22 -0400

In article
<4da63d85-8098-478a-872a-eac5ce206cb3@f40g2000pri.googlegroups.com>,
 Xah <xahlee@gmail.com> wrote:

> My recommendation is
> just to install Carbon emacs. Then, you can start it in terminal by:
>
> /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -nw

You should also put /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/bin in your
$PATH, ahead of /usr/bin, so that you'll use the compatible versions of
utilities like emacsclient that come with Emacs.  Put:

PATH=/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/bin:$PATH

in your ~/.profile file.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA