From: Adrian
Subject: Loading large/multiple tags files
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:17:42 -0700

Hello,

Is there any way to load tags files without interactive confirmation messages?  I want to load tags on startup for a large source tree.  Every time I started emacs, I was receiving a confirmation message asking if I wanted to load my .TAGS file, since it was "large."  To get around this message, I tried breaking the .TAGS file into two (one for C code and one for Python), but now emacs asks every time it is opened if I want to keep the existing TAGS table, presumably when it tries to load the second.  The file names are .TAGS_C and .TAGS_PY, so there should not be a namespace conflict.  Is there any way to load tags tables non-interactively?  I am currently using (visit-tags-table .TAGS) in my .emacs file.

Thanks,
Adrian