Publishing (slightly) modified contents with Muse

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: Publishing (slightly) modified contents with Muse
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 09:52:32 +0200

Hello,

I've a question that puzzles me for quite a long time now. Maybe
you can help me putting me on the right tracks...

As I've taken and learned a lot from the Emacs community, I'd
like to give something back, my turn, by publishing my init
files. For the Emacs one, no problem. For the Gnus init file, it
hurts: I don't want to see my email addresses becoming public...

I'm planning to use Emacs Muse for the publishing -- good
choice? sorry, that's another question! --, and I would like to
have a solution for publishing my `.gnus' file, in particular,
with some of its contents modified. I don't want to replace
every of my email addresses by the unique `XXX' string, as I'm
using several addresses, and it can be interesting to see the
different addresses used in the `.gnus' file, with the use of
personalities, and so.

Though, for example, `sva@mydomain.com' could be replaced by
`asv@adimmnoy.cmo' for example (letters have been sorted) --
just a silly algorithm example. But, what's good, is that it
somehow stays quite readable to follow what's being done in the
config file.

Questions:

    o   how to do that best for publishing the contents of my
        `.gnus' file with Muse with such a markup:

        <include file="~/.gnus" markup="src" lang="emacs-lisp">

    o   how to be able to have a link to a copy of the file, so
        that one does not have to copy/paste if he wanna use my
        config file?

Many thanks in advance for all of your ideas,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban