Re: Emacs Wiki Revision History

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Emacs Wiki Revision History
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:35:42 +0200

Alex Schroeder <kensanata@gmail.com> writes:

> On Oct 23, 12:45 am, Bastien <bastiengue...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> The two main advantages I see with dokuwiki are: flat files and
>> documentation-oriented wiki.  See the Ubuntu documentation wiki.
>
> I wonder what that means. What is documentation-oriented software?

The "doku" from "dokuwiki" tells it: it was first designed with the
purpose of letting people write good documentation collaboratively.  The
main use of dokuwiki I'm aware of - Ubuntu website - seems to illustrate
this, but "documentation-oriented" was not an ontological statement.

Two nice extensions that go into that direction:

1. Export a page in .odt format
2. Display a page as a S5 presentation

--
Bastien