Re: Let compilation start in one directory below current one

From: stephan.zimmer
Subject: Re: Let compilation start in one directory below current one
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 07:23:41 -0700 (PDT)

> There is no such variable defined or referenced in compile.el.

Sorry, I meant "compilation-directory". Hopefully, this hasn't created
too much confusion.

> As far as I know, setting compile-command to "cd .." first is the right
> way to do it.

That basically does the job, but then I cannot use the links in the
compilation output to open the files by clicking on them. My hope was
that this is enabled if 'compilation-directory is set correctly.
Furthermore, the "cd.." construction is not really handy.

Maybe, let me generalize my question a bit: Is there any way to use an
elisp function in a local variable specification?