Re: Emacs Wiki Revision History

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Emacs Wiki Revision History
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 04:54:12 +0200

Alex Schroeder <kensanata@gmail.com> writes:

> On 23 Okt., 16:35, Bastien <bastiengue...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> The "doku" from "dokuwiki" tells it: it was first designed with the
>> purpose of letting people write good documentation collaboratively.
>
> Hm. It seems that "write good documentation collaboratively" can be
> achieved with any tool that allows authors to collaborate when writing
> text. I'd be surprised if the software used can make a mediocre text
> "good".

You stripped the sentence where I say: "but 'documentation-oriented' was
not an ontological statement."  Which was meant to convey the idea that
I don't think there are wikis strongly more suitable for documentation
than others.  Still, I think many of the functionalities/extensions of
dokuwiki are here because of the need for collaborative documentation.

Anyway, I'm happy with the current emacswiki.

--
Bastien