Re: Dynamic mark color outside of terminal?

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: Dynamic mark color outside of terminal?
Date: 27 Oct 2008 11:08:27 GMT

quodlibetor <quodlibetor@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, i'm guessing it's actually a limitation of the tty, but when i
> open emacs in a terminal and edit code, the mark changes color to be
> the color of the text it's over. I like it, though, or at least want
> to know how to set it to be that way when i edit outside of the
> terminal. Is there a way to do that? I can't find it anywhere.

That could be xterm - which (unless you have a specific cursor-color),
will set the cursor color to be the reverse of the foreground/background
for the character-cell where it is positioned.  That generally ensures
that the cursor is visible.

Setting the cursor color to an explicit value overrides that...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net