Formatting C (or other code) to HTML for blog posts

From: Alex Bennee
Subject: Formatting C (or other code) to HTML for blog posts
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 15:45:44 +0000

Hi,

Is there a function that will format some source code into HTML so I
don't loose formatting from the spaces and tabs being eaten up. Usually
I would wrap the code in <pre> but for various reasons this is not so
easy to do (the blog software chews double spaces).

It would be extra nice if the function did pretty syntax highlighting!

I tried format-encode-region to html but that didn't seem to so what I
wanted (or at least I didn't see a bunch of &nsp;'s and <br>'s appear).

--
Alex Bennee, Software Engineer
Tcl tends to get ported to weird places like routers. -- Larry Wall in