Re: emacs-w3m question

From: Paul R
Subject: Re: emacs-w3m question
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 23:16:59 +0100

Xavier> For your information, many old computers do not have
Xavier> Up/Down/Left/Right keys thus making this as a default won't work
Xavier> for them. I never use these key due to my habits. Therefor
Xavier> I strongly disagree with you on that point.

Defaults are for newcomers to quickly get hands on the thing. Nowaday,
how many newcomers to emacs would discover it on a system without
directional keys ? I bet 0, how many do you bet ?

Now how many of them will find themselves unable to try a mode without
asking on a mailing list, just because of weird keybindings ?

--
  Paul