Re: emacs-w3m question

From: Xah
Subject: Re: emacs-w3m question
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 15:38:37 -0700 (PDT)

Xavier Maillard <x...@gnu.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> For your information, many old computers do not have
> Up/Down/Left/Right keys thus making this as a default won't work
> for them. I never use these key due to my habits. Therefor I
> strongly disagree with you on that point.

in perhaps early 1990s, some keyboards do not have the arrow keys, or
that some applications (in particular, terminal applications) do not
necessarily support physical arrow keys by default.

Today, i think more than 99.999% keyboards and applications support
the physical arrows keys by default. The availablity of arrow keys i
think is pretty much standard by mid 1990s, and their support in
applications including term emulators is probably standard by 2000.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/