RE: some vi equivalents please?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: some vi equivalents please?
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 10:07:24 -0700

> > > some vi equivalents please?
> >
> > After you obtain the info you need, consider sharing it by
> > posting it to Emacs Wiki:http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/SiteMap.
> >
> > That might help other vi users who try Emacs. Type `vi'
> > into the wiki search field to find an appropriate page to edit,
> > or start a new page if none is appropriate (and link appropriate
> > existing pages to it). It's very easy to edit the wiki.
> >
> > See also the Emacs manual (`C-h r'), node Emulation (`g
> > Emulation'). My impression is that many former `vi' users of
> > Emacs use Viper - see the Viper manual (`C-h i', then choose VIPER).
>
> Well I tried putting up a table on emacswiki...
> The link I made is http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ViEmacsTable
> What I pasted is my org mode file. But I cant figure out how to
> put a table into emacswiki. So its messed up.

I fixed it on the wiki for you. Take a look (edit the page), and you'll see how
easy it is to create a table: ||a||b||c||. (You can alternatively use the markup
<pre>...</pre>.)

FYI, how to edit the wiki is here:
 `HowTo' (a link at the top of each page) > `Edit'

In particular, see the link there called `TextFormattingRules'.

However, I notice now that the table construct, `||', is not mentioned
explicitly at `TextFormattingRules'. You'll find it by following the link
`Oddmuse:Usemod Markup Extension'. (Feel free to add a brief mention of it at
`TextFormattingRules', if you like.)