Re: Re: emacs + unicode + hebrew + bidi

From: Jonathan Groll
Subject: Re: Re: emacs + unicode + hebrew + bidi
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 16:55:34 +0200

On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 02:06:09PM +0100, Bourgneuf Francois wrote:
Just a precision, in arabic and hebrew both text and numbers are written right
to left.
In western languages text is written left to right and numbers right to left.
You can't tell the value of the left digit of a number if you havent read how
many digit are at his right.
We solve additions from the right to the left.

In all the Hebrew I've seen numbers were left to right:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_punctuation#Math

Regards,
Jonathan