Re: delete window help

From: bbrady
Subject: Re: delete window help
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 13:41:48 -0800 (PST)

> give it a argument of 2. Type this:
>
> Ctrl+u 2 Ctrl+x 0
>
> in general, if you want to give a argument to a command, just type Ctrl
> +u first then argument, then call the command.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know how to give arguments to a
command.

I've tried what you mentioned above and its not working. I also tried
giving delete-window arguments 0 and 1. The behavior is the same. That
is, window 'c' becomes the entire left side. Which is the same thing
that happens when I run Ctrl+x 0 without arguments. (Note, I was in
window 'a' when I did Ctrl+u 2 Ctrl+x 0)

To make sure we're on the same page, executing the elisp code below
should bring you to the same state I'm in when I want to delete window
'c'.

(split-window-horizontally)
(split-window)
(find-file "a")
(other-window 1)
(find-file "c")
(other-window 1)
(find-file "b")
(other-window 1)

I tried eval-expression on (delete-window 2) and I got the following
error trace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument windowp 2)
  delete-window(2)
  eval((delete-window 2))
  eval-expression((delete-window 2) nil)
  call-interactively(eval-expression)
  execute-extended-command(nil)
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command)

It looks like delete-window wants a pointer to a window object,
instead of an integer.

bbrady