emacs and openocd and gdb

From: davemilter
Subject: emacs and openocd and gdb
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 05:54:33 -0800 (PST)

I do my first steps in emacs usage,
and want to simplify debuging  via jtag.

At now I start openocd in terminal, then run
M-x gdb
arm-eabi-gdb myprogram.elf -x connect_to_openocd_script.gdb
myprogram.elf

time to time I need reset my "arm evalutation board"
and restart openocd in terminal and arm-eabi-gdb in emacs,

I want to run them both (openocd and arm-eabi-elf) from emacs,
and easy way to kill them, so I wrote such code:

(defun debug-under-openocd-jtag ()
        (interactive)
        (start-process "openocd" "*openocd*" "sudo" "/home/dave/test/openocd/
src/openocd" "--file" "/home/dave/test/openocd.cfg")
        (setq gud-gdb-command-name "arm-eabi-gdb -x /home/dave/projects/
openocd/connect_to_openocd.gdb")
        (call-interactively 'gdb)
)

(defun stop-openocd ()
        (interactive)
        (delete-process "openocd")
)

what will be good to improve
1)restore back gud-gdb-command-name after quit from arm-eabi-gdb
2)kill *openocd* buffer lead to call of stop-openocd
3)debug-under-openocd-jtag check if openocd process exists, and if so
skip this step:
(start-process "openocd" "*openocd*" "sudo" "/home/dave/test/openocd/
src/openocd" "--file" "/home/dave/test/openocd.cfg")

may be someone has idea how to make possible 1-3,
or may be has idea about simplification playing with openocd stuff?