How to make friends. [was emacs-w3m question]

From: Xah
Subject: How to make friends. [was emacs-w3m question]
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 12:12:05 -0800 (PST)

> [ .... ]
>
> > I'm sorry for calling you and Xavier idiots. Perhaps it is insulting,
> > but sometimes that's the best way to make people understand.
>
> If you are sorry, why do you do it?  It is indeed insulting, and it is
> NEVER the best way to persuade people of anything.  The effect on me is
> that I take you a little less seriously that I otherwise would, which is
> surely not what you want.  A tip: get hold of a copy of Dale Carnegie's
> "How to Win Friends and Influence People" (yes, it is a real book, first
> published last century), read it and do what it says.

Alan, you are a idiot.

For your information, i have a life-long interest in subject related
to brain washing, mind control, etc related issues. In particular, the
Dale Carnegie book you mentioned i read in the early 1990s.

With regard to these issues, i recommend you read:

• What Desires Are Politically Important?
http://xahlee.org/Periodic_dosage_dir/_p2/russell-lecture.html

the above essay gives you a tour of importance of political decisions
with desire.

for example, we all have opinions and discuss it seriously about emacs
issues. It seems we are all so reasonable. However, do you know why we
do it? No, it's not about what UI really should be, or how each of you
are so fucking cark and care about emacs's health, but it's more about
how you are a lonely guy and have nothing to do.

• Scientology and Falun Gong
http://xahlee.org/Periodic_dosage_dir/t2/scientology_falun_gong.html

the above essay gives you a glimpse of my understanding and views
about mind controll and such sects.

• Western-God-Believing-Sect's scripture
http://xahlee.org/Periodic_dosage_dir/t1/scripture.html

the above essay gives you some insights about western's god-beliving
sect's mind controlling methodologies.

• 斬邪留正詩 (Kill the Vicious and Keep the Righteous poem)
http://xahlee.org/Periodic_dosage_dir/sanga_pemci/taiping.html

the above is a poem by a jesus related cult leader, which caused 20
million deaths in China.

maybe you are a juvenile who are still in the book citing stage. Like:
“A: you should read x! B: x is outdated. You should read y! A: no, but
z says y is wrong!”

well, since you quote Dale, perhaps i can recommend some books for you
of similar vein.

Moron, please read:

• Influence: the psychology of persuasion. By Robert Ciadini.

• Intimate Behaviour. By Desmond Morris.

• Basic Economics. By Thomas Sowell.

• Machiavelli's The Prince, and recently “The 48 Laws of Power”.

Btw, perhaps you are wondering, since i've read Dale's book, how come
i don't behave as the book indicated?

Maybe, i don't really care to befriend you? Maybe, the book is moronic
after all? Can you now see some of the issues? Maybe, Dale is a moron
of the first order, after all?

i mean, wow, there's a book about how to befriend people! and is
widely popular! How come it is not taught in humanities department,
moron Alan? I mean, it could totally replace psychology, or the
department of psychology about human relations. Like, wow, all of a
sudden i can make all my enemies my friends. There are military
applications too. Bang, you are now my friend!

maybe flag burners and vietname war critics should read Dale. They'd
be so loved. Maybe George motherfucking Bush should read Dale. He'd so
be my friend. Maybe Gandi or US American moron's hero post-the-fact
Martin L King should read Dale too. Maybe Richard Stallman should read
Dale, he'd have less enemies.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/