Re: Including content from EmacsWiki in Emacs

From: Rupert Swarbrick
Subject: Re: Including content from EmacsWiki in Emacs
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 19:00:47 +0000

"Lennart Borgman" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

> My idea was to let someone who have signed FSF papers for contributing
> to Emacs do the rewriting. I meant a complete rewrite using the ideas
> from the EmacsWiki pages, but not directly the content itself.

Are you sure that this doesn't already happen to some extent? I mean if
I were a documentation writer and I saw something relevant to my
software on a wiki, no doubt I'd be inclined to put that information in
the documentation with the next edit I made.

That said, I suppose that if I wrote a certain piece of emacs, I'd be
unlikely to be browsing the emacswiki looking for examples about
it. Hmm.

Rupert