Re: Clipboard and emacs inside a terminal

From: Mauricio
Subject: Re: Clipboard and emacs inside a terminal
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:47:02 -0200

I'm using emacs in text mode instead of X. I
realized all 'clipboard-*' functions do not seem
to work. Is there something I could do about it?

Yes: launch it as client of a windowing system!

That's what I used to do, but I had worst problems
there. So, what I do now is to launch emacs out
of the terminal emulator to use clipboard. But as
far as I understand an application running inside
xterm or any other emulator have access to the
same API any other application has. So, why is this
a problem for emacs? Isn't it possible to "see"
X when you are running from a terminal? But then
how any other application I run from a shell would
be able to do that?

MaurĂ­cio