Re: Which git front-end in emacs is better?

From: Chris Willard
Subject: Re: Which git front-end in emacs is better?
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 15:02:17 +0000

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008, Richard Riley wrote:

[snip]
> I would be interested in which tutorials people used to learn how best
> to use GIT. I've found plenty of examples of how it works, but none of
> how to work *with* it. e.g A programmer has 3 main directory hierarchies
> he wishes to control. Do all 3 go in one repository? Where does that
> repository reside? Local? Remote? Does one need to check in /out etc -
> I'm sure its out there but its hard to find beneath all the explanations
> tend to concentrate on that which the user doesn't generally care about
> such as how git stores "blobs" and how it hashes file names etc.
[snip]

Hello Richard,

Try http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~blynn/gitmagic/ for a simple
look at git. From other tutorials I could see what git could do but
was still a little confused. This helped.

Regards,

Chris.

--
oOoOo       "Spamby!  Do not put in mouth or rectum." - HCTV       oOoOo
 oOoOo                                                            oOoOo