RE: Describe current keymap

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Describe current keymap
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 08:06:16 -0800

> > As I am always working with the remote emacs clients I wonder
> > whether Emacs knows about this issues and can describe the current
> > keyboard layout, e.g. similar to <quail-show-keyboard-layout> (not
> > working).
>
> No, it can't. It either receives key events from X or ANSI
> codes from a terminal (emulation) or whatever another windowing
> system which client it is sends.

Peter answered the question you meant to ask.

Wrt your subject line, FWIW, `describe-keymap' in `help-fns+.el' will describe a
keymap, including the current one. But that won't help with physical keyboard
key locations.

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/help-fns%2b.el
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/HelpPlus