Re: Weird tramp scp permissions issue with

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Weird tramp scp permissions issue with
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 05:50:08 +0100

ian@digg.com writes:

> I should clarify that I'm not running Emacs 23, I'm running 22 with vc
> transplanted from Emacs 23.

Oops. I'm not so familiar with vc to be of help for you.

For Tramp, you shall use a clean install from a delivered Tramp release,
because Tramp performs several checks during its installation, for
example which Emacs version is running. The Tramp files from Emacs 23
are already prepared for that Emacs version.

If done, please start "emacs -Q", adapt load-path for Tramp, require
'tramp, and see how it works.

> I can still do some debugging with what I have, if you think it would
> be useful.

Yes, that will be the option when there are still problems.

Best regards, Michael.