Re: elisp function to find pwd

From: Vijay Lakshminarayanan
Subject: Re: elisp function to find pwd
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 21:14:16 -0800 (PST)

> On Nov 15, 4:59 am, "B. T. Raven" <ni...@nihilo.net> wrote:
> Why not just:
>
> (substring (pwd) 10)
>
> which happens to yield
>
> "C:\\mydocu~1/"
>
> on my system (i.e. (pwd) without the prefix). Also works in *scratch*.
> Why is this not "easier?"

I also have a GNU/Linux machine and it might have a different prefix.
Also, if you need to discard a prefix to get at the original there /
has/ to be an easier way.  If I hadn't found one, I would have used
either the first solution or extracting the substring.  But Shaun's
answer is exactly what I had been looking for.

On Nov 13, 3:06 pm, Shaun Johnson <sh...@slugfest.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Not a function but the buffer local variable default-directory. This is what
> pwd uses.

Thanks Shaun.  This is exactly what I needed.

Cheers
~Vijay