W32 emacsclientw.exe generates connection error

From: Earl Kent
Subject: W32 emacsclientw.exe generates connection error
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:06:00 -0800

Using emacs 22.3 - when  I run emacsclientw.exe on XPSP3 and emacs is
not already running I get the error:

"emacsclientw: connect: No connection could be made because the target
machine actively refused it."

The error is an OK dialog box and if I click OK, Emacs starts
normally.  If Emacs is already running I don't get the error. I've
added (server-start) to my .emacs file.  Am I missing anything in
trying to get this to work?

Thanks!