Re: imenu with cc-mode in emacs 22 (win32)

From: Rudolfo Ungern
Subject: Re: imenu with cc-mode in emacs 22 (win32)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 10:58:16 -0800 (PST)

Okay,

> On the other hand the same .emacs file works fine with
> emacs-21.3 and imenu.

I have to correct my above statement that emacs 21.3 doesn't
show any problem. I did now another test and figured out, that
for emacs 21.3 it is only plain imenu, that is working, but not in
combination with speedbar.

I get the following stack trace after hitting C-g when I try to
navigate to a function in the file Display.c

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (quit)
  vertical-motion(55 #<window 3 on Display.c>)
  lazy-lock-fontify-conservatively(#<window 3 on Display.c>)
  lazy-lock-fontify-after-visage()
  run-hooks(outline-view-change-hook)
  outline-flag-region(7544 7577 nil)
  org-flag-heading(nil)
  byte-code("..."
  org-show-context(org-goto)
  (lambda nil (org-show-context (quote org-goto)))()
  run-hooks(speedbar-visiting-tag-hook)
  speedbar-tag-find("cmFileMapInit" #<marker at 7549 in Display.c> 2)
  speedbar-do-function-pointer()
  speedbar-edit-line()
  call-interactively(speedbar-edit-line)

So it seems to be an issue with org-mode. The problem with imenu
may be solved with the step from org-mode version 5.23 to 6.09, but
speedbar on cc-mode still doesn't work with org-mode.

Rolf.