RE: adding a string to every element in a list

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: adding a string to every element in a list
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 10:16:10 -0800

> i don't know why this didn't occur to me -- i was hung up on modifying
> the original list, i guess, not thinking i could just create
> a new one.

All of the mapping functions are good to know, as is `dolist'.

In general, don't even think about modifying list structure.
When you really need to do that, you will know it. ;-)

See the discussion here about list modification, in thread "Adding
Lists/Sequences" (2008-09):
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2008-09/msg00809.html