Re: What is the best way to get emacs23?

From: Jonathan Groll
Subject: Re: What is the best way to get emacs23?
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 09:30:43 +0200

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 08:21:09PM +0100, Jean Magnan de Bornier wrote:
Jonathan Groll <lists@groll.co.za> wrote :

| However, on ibex there is a perfectly good PPA repository for emacs
| 23, which is what I would recommend, especially since the PPA build of
| emacs-snapshot has gnome support built-in, something that I failed to
| get to compile (all of the gnome dependancies) under pkgsrc.

Hi Jonathan,
Can you be more specific? Where can I find this package? Before intrepid I used Alex Vassaloti's package at

http://ppa.launchpad.net/avassalotti/ubuntu/dists/
but he didn't do one for intrepid :-(

It's this one, from earlier in this very thread:
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-elisp/+archive

Add this to your sources.list:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-elisp/ubuntu intrepid main

According to http://emacs.orebokech.com/ emacs-snapshot is updated