Using multiple modes in org-mode to highlight source-code

From: Nordlöw
Subject: Using multiple modes in org-mode to highlight source-code
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 02:40:41 -0800 (PST)

Has anyone succeeded in using multiple modes (using either mumamo.el,
mmm-mode or two-mode-mode.el) to enable font-locking of code-snippets
in org-mode? Currently only emacs lisp is supported by org-mode. But I
believe more languages will be added in the future.

Example snippet that should be highlighted in org-mode:

[[elisp:(setq x 1)]]

sub-mode begin pattern: "[[elisp:"
sub-mode end pattern: "]]"

I guess we could trigger on the pattern "[[LANG:" and activate LANG-
mode in that region.

We could make this work

/Nordlöw