Re: How can I put the '_' into the elements that form a word use by forw

From: Nikolaj Schumacher
Subject: Re: How can I put the '_' into the elements that form a word use by forward-word?
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 00:42:25 +0100

Xah <xahlee@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 20, 2:33 pm, "Drew Adams" <drew.ad...@oracle.com> wrote:
>
>> [Please use plain text, not HTML, mail for this mailing list.]
>
> there seems to be increasing number of html posts... maybe we can stop
> requesting a particular format of email now. It makes the newsgroup
> less user friendly. People are less likely to ask questions if they
> have to do more.

Maybe we can start asking for actual HTML. :)

I don't mind HTML emails per se, but this particular email contains HTML
broken to the point where it doesn't even contain an HTML tag.  And the
plain text version contains lines longer than 80 characters.  So it
looks somewhat odd, either way.

In this case I'd like to politely ask the original poster to use a more
polite user agent.

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher