ERC disconnection issue

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: ERC disconnection issue
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 12:18:42 +0100

Hello,

I'm starting using erc on private network, but I'm disconnected quite
often.

ERC try to reconnect to the server automatically but always fails
whereas if after being disconnected I restart ERC, then it works. And
it's not really convenient because it emits every second in the echo
area "Loggin failed...".

I tried to connect to the server 2 different ways:

,----
| (setq erc-server "xxxxxx")
| (setq erc-port 6667)
| (setq erc-nick "xxxxxx")
| (setq erc-password "xxxxx")
`----

or

,----
| (setq erc-password "xxxxxxx")
| (erc-ssl :server "xxxxxx" :port "6667" :nick "xxxxx" :password erc-password))
`----

but all of them give the same result.

BTW, is the field ":password" mandatory for the second case?

Could anybody give me some advices here ?

thanks
--
Francis